Adore just reached out to me!

I wish I could properly drain and fill my cauldron. I need to figure out a pump and hose system again that better than the last one I had

I wish I could properly drain and fill my cauldron. I need to figure out a pump and hose system again that better than the last one I had
Couldn't you like drill a hole in the bottom of it, and put in a stopper? Or like one of the ones on a cooler? I mean you never really show the cauldron from the bottom, and even if you did you could have the release in the back where the rest of the cauldron is blocking it from view.

Thanks for the tips! It is made of plastic. I guess I could drill but I'm afraid I would fuck it up and it would leak.

The issue is getting it to move at all when full and even getting it out the door to backyard. So i am trying to find a good pump and hose situation. The thing is a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the tips! It is made of plastic. I guess I could drill but I'm afraid I would fuck it up and it would leak.

The issue is getting it to move at all when full and even getting it out the door to backyard. So i am trying to find a good pump and hose situation. The thing is a pain in the ass.
I don't know what your budget is, but what about an aquatic vacuum? When you are done with the thing, just put the hose of the vacuum into the cauldron and turn on the machine. It sucks out all the water and shoots it either into a tank so you can move the water and dump it or out the other end of the hose.

As for moving the thing, i'd suggest wheels, that are easily able to be screwed on and off, or find some clip on wheels or a dolly.

Probably not going to find a real practical way to move it when it's full, but a larger furniture mover (basically some short boards screwed together in a rectangle or square with casters) might do the trick when it's empty. Hopefully when you get it to where you want it a garden hose would reach it to fill it up. If you'd rather not risk a leak by drilling and tapping for a plug, you might check out a hardware store like Menards or Lowes to see if they have any cheap sump pumps and maybe get one of those on sale. I used to work at Menards and they used to have some that were in the $25 range that were smallish. A wet/dry vacuum would probably be enough for anything left that the sump pump can't get. As long as the sump pump is fully immersible, you should be able to leave it in the bottom of the filled cauldron and go do something else while it works, but the trick would be having someplace for all that water to go since you probably don't want to just dump it on the lawn, I'm guessing.

I strongly urge against drilling holes in the pot. Better to find a good pump. I recommend talking to Mr. Muki who has dealt with this issue before. There are possibly other ways of dealing with the issue of water in the pot. Water weighs about 8 1/3 pounds per gallon, so 10 gallons weighs nearly 84 pounds. That pot easily holds 50 gallons so that is more than 400 pounds. Not really possible to move it when there is water in it.

I strongly urge against drilling holes in the pot. Better to find a good pump. I recommend talking to Mr. Muki who has dealt with this issue before. There are possibly other ways of dealing with the issue of water in the pot. Water weighs about 8 1/3 pounds per gallon, so 10 gallons weighs nearly 84 pounds. That pot easily holds 50 gallons so that is more than 400 pounds. Not really possible to move it when there is water in it.
What if she drills a smallish hole in the base, then has the model stand or kneel on a wooden board or metal roughly the same shape as the bottom of the pot, then she can move the false bottom to get the water out?

The issue would be where the water would go. It would hit the floor of the house since I cannot move the cauldron filled up and cannot even get it out the back door without putting it on it's side and rolling it. So a pump is probably best

Reactions: LT
The issue would be where the water would go. It would hit the floor of the house since I cannot move the cauldron filled up and cannot even get it out the back door without putting it on it's side and rolling it. So a pump is probably best
Exactly. With a pump and a hose it is easier to control where the water goes. With a hole, you are going to get a mess.

Back