I have been BANNED from Deviantart.com!!!!!

ChoiceCuts

Well seems like you're not the only one. Got banned about a week ago for posting "spam" promoting my Patreon page.

It's a real shame, DA was an easy way for me to cross-link to folks who aren't heavily involved in the furry community. Any recommendations for a general population place to post, aside from "start your own website?"

- CCD

A few more of my works were taken down yesterday from deviantart. Somebody has targeted me. Why?! I made a decent little amount of money to help me thru my layoff in MArch and now I lost it all. I lost all my followers and contacts. Why wa my art considered bad for the platform when there are far worse on it?! Here is the letter I recieved before my profile was shut down. Can anyone help me with my options? I don't know what to do now... Thank you all for the support my friends. This is another blow this year I may not be able to come back from. I am so infuriated.

MonsterChef,

A member of DeviantArt staff has indefinitely banned your account. As this is an indefinite ban, it will not expire.

The administrator also added the following comment: Unacceptable use of profile

This message has been generated automatically. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Help Desk or send an email to violations@deviantart.com.

Thank you,
DeviantArt Staff

LT

Hentai Foundry maybe? If you lean more vore, Eka's Portal would be viable.

ChoiceCuts

Hentai Foundry maybe? If you lean more vore, Eka's Portal would be viable.
I've actually already got a presence on Eka's, it's my solid second for engagement! And they make it easy to post a .pdf file. I might have to look into Hentai Foundry, it doesn't look like too bad of a site. Pixiv was another one I came across but it seems a little daunting to me.

Reactions: LT

LT

I'm kind of mulling over what to do with my DA account. One idea I have is to basically crop almost all the art I have posted there to something that won't show anything that will be against their rules (hopefully), and basically use DA as an ad space for what I have posted at Eka's. The other is to delete basically all the art I have there, except for the most vanilla stuff. Of course, there's the third option, which is to just wait for the axe to fall, as it'll probably end up being pretty boring anyway as most of the artists I follow will likely get purged, too.

DrCurare

I'm kind of mulling over what to do with my DA account. One idea I have is to basically crop almost all the art I have posted there to something that won't show anything that will be against their rules (hopefully), and basically use DA as an ad space for what I have posted at Eka's. The other is to delete basically all the art I have there, except for the most vanilla stuff. Of course, there's the third option, which is to just wait for the axe to fall, as it'll probably end up being pretty boring anyway as most of the artists I follow will likely get purged, too.
Same here.

I'm basically just preparing to get banned now - saved locally all my favorites and made a backup of my watch list, just in case I will want to restore it someday. Also thought if it's ok to post cropped art and use dA only as an ad platform, but they banned Twistd who was doing exactly that, so not sure it'll help anyway.

It sucks, cause like ChoiceCuts said dA is the only big and mainstream place I know with a large audience and all kinds of folks, who may not be 100% into the fetish, but because of huge variety and some fine recommendation algorithms it was possible to discover tons of new content pretty easily, sometimes occasionally finding things you didn't know you were into. It helps a lot, and sadly none of the alternatives work like that

Well, anyway, if (when) my account is blocked, guess I'll just stick to posting stuff here on PT forums then :)

ogreogre

About a month ago,we had opened a small thread on Eka's, with 4 absolutely chaste and pure drawings !
Two days ago, they banned and deleted me. Reason? A small advertisement contained in the Thred, advertising our Free and Premium site.
Crazy. All absurd rules. Is there no solution?

At the same time, we had also opened a small thread on E Hentai, also here we have posted not so bad drawings.
The result? Positive comments from many fans but also many insults of all kinds from manga or hentai authors ... who advise me to go somewhere else to advertise my comics ...it's all disconcerting!

Last edited:

LT

Yeah, I'm really disappointed with how Eka's has turned out, honestly.

Oh, and they got another artist I've been following for the longest time, antadev. :/

LT

Well, I basically deleted everything off of my account at DA. I guess time will tell if it was enough, or if I should have just deleted everything. :/

Fantasmo

Two days ago, they banned and deleted me. Reason? A small advertisement contained in the Thred, advertising our Free and Premium site.
Crazy. All absurd rules. Is there no solution?
Well, rules are rules.
Webpages usually have clear terms on "advertisements". They pay for the hosting and evidently don't want people to use that (paid) platform for advertisements unless some kickback (usually a fee) is paid.
This is not absurd but just normal. These days everybody seems to think that everything has to be for free, when it is operated by others.
If you had linked to a page where you give your own art for free, the outcome would have been different, I am sure.

At the same time, we had also opened a small thread on E Hentai, also here we have posted not so bad drawings.
The result? Positive comments from many fans but also many insults of all kinds from manga or hentai authors ... who advise me to go somewhere else to advertise my comics ...it's all disconcerting!
Do you really care? Then you shouldn't publish.
There are way more idiots and negative people in this world than supporters.
I have largely quit publishing on some sites because I had way more hate than love.
Unfortunately the "haters" always are loud while the "lovers" don't even find the "like" button.

ogreogre

Well, rules are rules.
Webpages usually have clear terms on "advertisements". They pay for the hosting and evidently don't want people to use that (paid) platform for advertisements unless some kickback (usually a fee) is paid.
This is not absurd but just normal. These days everybody seems to think that everything has to be for free, when it is operated by others.
If you had linked to a page where you give your own art for free, the outcome would have been different, I am sure.
you are absolutely right about everything.
honestly, I am a person who always respects the rules, I had not read that paragraph and so in short, I was disappointed at first but then it is clear that this is right. the only aspect that I somehow contest is that with those rules the designers run away and any site is impoverished. so I wrote here: disconcerting. Not referring to the rules as to the opportunity. if you want to grow a site, you must also grant spaces, not ends in themselves. with limits, sure. this is the rule of business, of expanding commercially.

Do you really care? Then you shouldn't publish.
There are way more idiots and negative people in this world than supporters.
I have largely quit publishing on some sites because I had way more hate than love.
Unfortunately the "haters" always are loud while the "lovers" don't even find the "like" button.
Ok !!!

ChoiceCuts

Eh, nail in that coffin. DA told me they won't be reactivating my account but "you can use a different account to continue posting your own creative work."

I'm not gonna take the effort to legally ban evade when their way to upload is a pile of suck to begin with.

Well seems like you're not the only one. Got banned about a week ago for posting "spam" promoting my Patreon page.

It's a real shame, DA was an easy way for me to cross-link to folks who aren't heavily involved in the furry community. Any recommendations for a general population place to post, aside from "start your own website?"

- CCD

Twistd

I'm late to this bandwagon, sorry to hear about this MonsterChef. But you're not alone. They banned me too.